Eligibility VA LOAN

There are certain rules and regulations that determine whether you are eligible for a VA loan.

You can request the certificate of eligibility through your lender or under certain conditions like insufficiency of data; you may have to get the document directly through the department of VA.

You can obtain a VA certificate of eligibility by following some simple steps:

  • Fill up the VA form which is a written request for the certificate.
  • Affix the supporting documents along with the VA form and send it to any of the VA eligibility centers.

Supporting documents required along with the Certificate of eligibility are as follows:

  • Evidences of your active military duty that will display the dates of your duty and the type of discharge.
  • But in case you have been on regular service and discharged after 1975 or you have taken a VA loan previously, then you may not have to submit the proofs of your service.
  • You may have to use a DD form 214 in case you have been discharged from regular active duty after January 1, 1950. But if you are discharged after October 1, 1979, then copy 4 of DD form 214 should be used.
  • In case you have served in the Selected Reserve, you may require a different kind of form.
  • If you are in active duty and yet to be discharged, you will have to submit a statement of service which states your Social security number (SSN) and provide your date of entry on service along with other details.
  • But if you have initially taken a VA loan and paid it in full, then you should be submitting a copy of HUD-1 Settlement Statement for the previous loan.